HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Replacement Conservatory & Flat Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backSpray Foam Insulation
Best Way to Soundproof Basement CeilingBy admin
Thursday, 28 November 2019
Footfalls, stomps, dropped objects, or any ambient sound, can be irritating. A cheap way to keep noise niggles to a minimum is to add rugs and carpets.
However, if you want to conquer the problem long-term, it pays to spend time and effort evaluating best way to soundproof basement ceilings.
If you want to conquer unwanted sounds, you need to soundproof the ceiling or floors, or sometimes even both.
That being said, let’s take a look at some of your options, and how each one works in practice…
What are Your Options?
There are many different insulation techniques and materials you can use to soundproof a basement ceiling. Here are the key contenders:
- You can install acoustic tiles. These are suitable for a home office, or even for use in a study room.
- You can add a second layer of drywall, but opt for an acoustic drywall. This type of wall has two layers of gypsum, separated by soft polymer
- You can add mass-loaded vinyl sheeting, and then add drywall
- You can add spray foam insulation
Spray foam is not just a sound barrier. The primary function of spray foam insulation is to prevent heat loss during Winter, and heat gain during Summer. In the end, you save at least 50% on your energy bills!
Why Spray Foam is the best way to soundproof basement ceiling
In most cases, people will opt for soft material like fibreglass insulation. Although it might initially seem like the best option, it will not ensure your home receives the quality insulation it deserves.
What gets the job done, and what is arguably the best way to soundproof a basement ceiling, is spray foam insulation.
Spray foam is a dense and heavy material, that can be applied to just about anywhere-making it the perfect choice, for insulating hard-to-reach places.
Soundproofing a ceiling is much more than just putting up something in the ceiling. Here are some of the reasons why spray foam is the best-fit material for the job:
- Spray foam doubles the strength of your walls. At the same time, spray foam acts like a glue, holding everything together, and sealing all cracks and gaps.
- Spray foam is not just a sound barrier. The primary function of spray foam insulation is to prevent heat loss during Winter, and heat gain during Summer. In the end, you save at least 50% on your energy bills.
- Spray foam insulation is better at combating air infiltration, noise, and heat loss, than any other material on the market.
- Put simply, spray foam is the future of insulation. In the past 10 years, the technology of spray foam insulation has vastly improved. No other material provides the same air-tight seal as spray foam.
- In the end, what makes spray foam the best way to soundproof a basement ceiling is savings. Yes, the initial cost of spray foam is higher than other materials. But the long-term savings far outweigh the initial outlay. Experts say that the difference in price is made up within the first five years. And from there on, the savings continue for the life of your home.
- Most importantly of all, spray foam protects your home from mould, moisture, and draughts
Why Invest in a Soundproof Basement?
Some people can ignore noise infiltration, but for most of us, a constant barrage of sound can drive us close to the edge.
More and more homeowners are becoming conscious of sound reduction possibilities in their homes.
Think of it this way: sound is the new mould. And who wants mould in their home? Therefore, try spray foam as the best way to soundproof your basement ceiling, and improve the insulation of your home. Simply call 0800 1700 636, or click the button below to get the ball rolling today!Related Home Logic Living ArticlesFULL RANGE OF SERVICES:OUR OFFICES:
Home Logic’s continued commitment to you is that we only use the highest quality products, installed to the highest standards.© Home Logic UK Ltd. 2018. All rights reserved. Registered Office: c/o HJS Accountants, 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton SO15 2EA | Company Registration No: 09125321 | VAT No: 193899534 | Home Logic ® is a registered trademark of Home Logic UK Ltd (UK00003267772) | Home Logic UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Home Logic UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 765342. We are a credit broker and not a lender and have a facility with a panel of lenders | Home Logic is a trading name of Home Logic UK Ltd
Update Your Preferences