HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Replacement Conservatory & Flat Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backWindows, Doors & Conservatories
Bifold Door Not Closing? Here's What To Do...By admin
Tuesday, 7 January 2020
Bifold doors have become incredibly popular in the UK in recent years. If you have a beautiful bifold door in your home, you’ll already know just how wonderful of home improvement it is.
The doors are flexible, practical, and allow plenty of light into a home, but all the benefits of a bifold door do have a downside. If you’ve experienced the problem of a bifold door not closing, then you’re not alone.
Having a bifold door that is stuck in the open position can be a danger to your home. Even just the first signs that something may be wrong with the door can be worrying – nobody likes to imagine that their home has a weak point!
Whilst problems with bifold doors not closing properly do happen occasionally, they’re very often quite easy to fix. If your bifold door isn’t closing, here’s what you need to do…
What Causes a Bifold Door to Stop Working?
To work out the best possible fix for your bifold door problem, you need to start by identifying why the door isn’t closing in the first place. This could be one of multiple reasons.
The bifold doors may be having difficulty sliding on the tracks, the doors may not be aligned, or there may be problems with the lock. These are all problems that bifold doors are prone to experiencing, but they can be fixed with relative ease.
If the door is still not working properly, alter the height of the door by adjusting the door hinge bolts. Raise the door as needed until the door functions correctly
How Can You Fix the Problems?
To fix a bifold door that is having trouble sliding on the tracks, you need to:
- Remove any debris that may have gathered on the tracks. For easier access to the tracks, remove the doors by pressing down on the spring-loaded pin.
- Clean the doors and lubricate the track.
- Replace the doors and test how well they slide.
To fix bifold doors that aren’t properly aligned, you need to:
- Open and close the door to see how well the doors sit on the track.
- Adjust the doors by tightening the track hinges with an allen key.
- If the door is still not working properly, alter the height of the door by adjusting the door hinge bolts. Raise the door as needed until the door functions correctly.
To fix bifold doors that aren’t locking properly, you need to:
- Use a spray lubricant on the lock and spray the key with lubricant.
- Insert the key into the lock and remove. Repeat the process.
- Test the locking mechanism to see if it locks properly. If the problem is fixed, repeat the process every few months.
Call in the Experts for a Full Inspection
If you can’t get to the bottom of the problem with your bifold door yourself, then calling in some expert help will get he problem fixed in no time. Calling in the experts will ensure that the problem is located and repaired, and your bifold door will be in excellent working order.
At Home Logic, we offer a range of door installation services, tackling problems with handles, hinges, and frames – so no matter your problem, we’ll ensure you get the glazing upgrade you deserve!
Is It Time to Invest in a New Door?
In cases where the problems with your bifold doors are happening on a regular basis, or your door has been worn down with age, it may be worthwhile looking at a replacement door.
By replacing your door, you’re ensuring that every component is in excellent condition and that the door will open and close smoothly without trouble. With a brand-new door, you can also look at options to improve energy efficiency and reduce your energy consumption, and added safety measures to keep your home secure.
The high-quality range of doors available at Home Logic include strong and sturdy composite doors, and beautifully designed patio, bifold, and French doors. Between the excellent quality of our doors and our dedication to a perfect install, you’ll be able to make the most of your new door without worry over problems occurring.
We have a wide range of bifold door styles available, so whether you want to match your existing door style or want something new altogether, you’ll be able to get the perfect look at Home Logic.
We have a wide range of bifold door styles available, so whether you want to match your existing door style or want something new altogether, you’ll be able to get the perfect look at Home Logic!
Whatever Your Decision... Home Logic Is on Hand to Help!
Whether you’re in the market for a new and improved bifold door, or you need door repairs, Home Logic can help. You can use our online door quotes form to get more information about our spectacular range of bifold doors, and the other door styles that we have available at Home Logic.
Alternatively, you can give our team a call today on 0800 1700 636, to learn more about our excellent range of products that put energy efficiency at the top of the agenda!Related Home Logic Living Articles
FULL RANGE OF SERVICES:OUR OFFICES:
- Pros And Cons Of Thermotec Conservatory Roof Panels
- Bifold Door Not Closing? Here's What To Do...
- HOW TO: Choose Aluminium Windows Norwich Contractors
- Double Glazing Salisbury Suppliers: What Do They Offer?
- Why Do My House Windows Fog Up?
- How to Insulate Windows: Your Go-To Guide
- Double Glazing Sheffield And Stocksbridge Services
- How To Choose Double Glazing Coventry Contractors
Home Logic’s continued commitment to you is that we only use the highest quality products, installed to the highest standards.© Home Logic UK Ltd. 2018. All rights reserved. Registered Office: c/o HJS Accountants, 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton SO15 2EA | Company Registration No: 09125321 | VAT No: 193899534 | Home Logic ® is a registered trademark of Home Logic UK Ltd (UK00003267772) | Home Logic UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Home Logic UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 765342. We are a credit broker and not a lender and have a facility with a panel of lenders | Home Logic is a trading name of Home Logic UK Ltd
Update Your Preferences