HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Flat Roof & Conservatory Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backProtective Coatings
Can Properla Be Used on Metal Surfaces?By admin
Friday, 19 October 2018
Properla is an incredible product that benefits many homeowners in the UK. This paint or cream is applied to the external walls of the home and provides a layer of insulation.
The insulation helps to prevent heat loss, problems caused by damp and mould and protects the walls from dirt and damage.
Properla is a miracle product, but not all homes are the same. Many people contact Home Logic and ask – can Properla be used on metal surfaces and frames too? We have the answers, and we’re here to share them in the following article…
Where Can Properla Paint Be Used?
The only place suitable for Properla is untreated and absorbent exteriors, such as: bricks, painted masonry and pebbledash.
If you have brick work there is a good chance that application of this clever insulator will be possible, but any metal parts will not be treated.
What Does Properla Insulating Paint Do?
You now know the answer to the question – can Properla be used on metal surfaces – but do you know what Properla does? Let’s look at why it is so beneficial for home owners.
- Properla is an insulating product. That means it will improve the thermal capabilities of the home, enabling it to retain the heat created inside, and stopping it from escaping through the walls.
- The insulating treatment still allows the property to breathe as it needs to. Older insulating products stopped the walls from allowing moisture to escape. This caused major problems with damp, mildew and mould. These issues damaged the property, caused health problems and resulted in costly repairs. Unfortunately, some modern-day insulation products can cause the same problem if they’re incorrectly applied. With Properla, the property is protected, while being able to breathe after a single layer is applied to the untreated, absorbent surface.
- Properla reduces the amount home owners spend on their energy. The significantly reduced heat loss and moisture protection saves money. The expense of heating the home is reduced as the heat cannot easily escape. Other saving benefits include: remove the risk of damp and mould damage, along with total protection from frost damage.
- The home is protected from dirt and surface breakdown. Applying Properla is a great idea as it protects the home from dirt, and it’s naturally water repellent. The outside of the properly will look fantastic for years to come. In fact, your masonry will be protected for up to 20 years; there’s no need to repaint, to clean, or to reapply it.
- Don’t just go on the customer reviews, listen to the experts. Properla meets all current industry standards, and has the certificates to prove it. This includes the ISO EN 15148:2002, guaranteeing the quality level and your satisfaction.
When applied, the insulation paint has an invisible finish. It is suitable to use on pebbledash, and all surfaces that are absorbent and untreated. It’s a popular method of insulation on period properties as it isn’t visible once dried. The exterior walls retain their natural or pre-painted state!
Can Properla Be Used on Metal Surfaces In Special Cases?
Can Properla be used on metal surfaces? No, Properla cannot be used on metal surfaces in any venture. If you have any concerns about the suitability of your property we recommend calling the team here at Home Logic.
Home Logic wall insulation experts will be able to establish the suitability of your walls and exteriors. If Properla is not advised, they will be able to share information on other options that are available to you.
How Can Properla Stop Heat Loss?
Buildings that have damp exterior walls are unable to insulate effectively. The pores of the brickwork collect the moisture, allowing heat to move through them, and ultimately escape from the room.
Dry walls don’t allow the movement of heat, giving it the only option of remaining inside the room. The dry walls stop heat loss, resulting in less energy expenditure for the homeowner.
Can I Apply Properla Myself?
Properla will only work properly when accurately applied. The best way to assure there are no gaps in the application is by using Approved Applicators.
Home Logic have the training and expertise to accurately apply the insulating paint to your property, and ensure it works as it should. After being expertly applied the product has a manufacturer’s guarantee of 20 years.
When applied, the insulation paint has an invisible finish. It is suitable to use on pebbledash, and all surfaces that are absorbent and untreated. It’s a popular method of insulation on period properties as it isn’t visible once dried. The exterior walls retain their natural or pre-painted state.
Reduce money spent on energy and exterior wall maintenance with the application of Properla. Learn all about the benefits of using Properla by contacting the wall insulation experts at Home Logic. Simply call 0800 1700 636, or click the button below to request your free site survey today!
Related Home Logic Living Articles
FULL RANGE OF SERVICES:OUR OFFICES:
- How to Avoid Thermal Bridging
- How to Add Insulation to Finished Walls
- SOLVED: Is Properla Paint Suitable For Garden Walls?
- Adding Stone Facade To Front of House: A Worthy Investment?
- How To Clean Outside of House Without A Pressure Washer
- SOLVED: Can You Water Down Masonry Paint?
- SOLVED: What Do Subsidence Cracks Look Like?
- The Big Questions: What Is High Build Paint?
Home Logic’s continued commitment to you is that we only use the highest quality products, installed to the highest standards.© Home Logic UK Ltd. 2018. All rights reserved. Registered Office: c/o HJS Accountants, 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton SO15 2EA | Company Registration No: 09125321 | VAT No: 193899534 | Home Logic ® is a registered trademark of Home Logic UK Ltd (UK00003267772) | Home Logic UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Home Logic UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We are a credit broker and not a lender. We offer credit facilities from more than one lender.
Update Your Preferences