HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Replacement Conservatory & Flat Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backSpray Foam Insulation
Can You Soundproof Your Apartment?By admin
Monday, 9 December 2019
Ask yourself, can you live with the sound of jackhammers, children screaming, and many more sounds that can be as irritating as ever?
The question is now not whether can you live with those sounds, but what is your breaking point. We all have it. And at one point, you just ask how to soundproof an apartment.
You want to reduce noise, and be comfortable in your own home. It’s understandable. Who doesn’t want that? Well, the good news is that there are many ways you can reduce noise in your home. Here’s how…
What is Sound?
We all know what sound is. But nevertheless, we want to look at the definition of sound. The definition is “an audible wave that can travel through air, water, and even glass.”
The way we perceive sound depends on the frequency of noise and vibration. The loudness is measured in decibels. And if you want to know how to soundproof an apartment, your job is to reduce those vibrations.
Now, people living in an urban setting have to accept and embrace the louder environment. Still, there are still ways for how to soundproof an apartment and completely reduce the noise.
How Do You Know What You Need?
Before you start your ‘how to soundproof an apartment’ project, you need to identify the problem. In other words, determine the source of the noise. Is the source noisy neighbours? Or is the problem caused by the construction site across the street?
During this step, you need to focus on the worst sound offenders. Figure out where the noise is coming from, and then you will be able to reduce the noise.
You also need to replace your existing doors, especially if they are older. Doors are not made to last a lifetime. Over time, they are not as good quality as they used to be. When you replace your doors, always make sure to shop around to get the best deal!
Top Tips to Soundproof an Apartment
- One way to reduce the noise is to cover walls with soft surfaces. Sound absorbing materials like foam and cotton are ideal. After all, those are the materials musicians use to soundproof rooms
- Another way to reduce the noise in your apartment is to add rugs and ceiling baffles. Adding rugs to the floors, and baffles to the ceiling, will prevent sounds from bouncing. Besides, rugs are a great way to improve the décor of your home
- Make sure to seal your doors. Every crack below your door is a great place for noise to enter. You can also add a door guard to mitigate sounds
- You also need to replace your existing doors, especially if they are older. Doors are not made to last a lifetime. Over time, they are not as good quality as they used to be. When you replace your doors, always make sure to shop around to get the best deal.
- Upgrade your windows. Newer windows come with thicker glass, and provide better insulation from sound and weather
- Last, but not least, insulate your walls. This might be the most important way for how to soundproof an apartment. People usually install insulation to help with temperature control. But good insulation provides sound barrier as well
Spray foam reduces moisture and air-infiltration, resulting in a room with more consistent temperature. And since there is no moisture, there is also no irritating mould-a win-win situation!
Why Spray Foam’s Your Number One Ally
We talked about insulation. And we mentioned that the best way to soundproof an apartment is to install proper insulation. The question is, which material is best?
Well, without sounding like too much of a know-it-all, we firmly believe spray foam is the most effective material long-term.
Let’s take a look at some of the advantages of spray foam to prove our case:
- Spray foam can help you reduce energy bills. The main purpose of installing spray foam insulation is to improve temperature control. But you also get a noise barrier thrown into the mix. Spray foam reduces your energy bills by 30 to 50 percent
- Spray foam adds structural strength to your walls and building envelope
- Spray foam radically reduces outdoor noise. Your noisy neighbours will be a thing of the past
- Spray foam reduces moisture and air-infiltration, resulting in a room with more consistent temperature. And since there is no moisture, there is also no irritating mould
- Spray foam provides a permanent insulation solution. Once installed, it will perform for the life of the property
- Spray foam offers the highest performance of all insulation materials. The R-value of closed cell spray foam is 7 per inch
- Spray foam helps reduce the capacity requirements for your HVAC system.
Soundproof your apartment the easy way, with the help of spray foam insulation. Simply call 0800 1700 636, or click the button below to get started today!Related Home Logic Living ArticlesFULL RANGE OF SERVICES:OUR OFFICES:
Home Logic’s continued commitment to you is that we only use the highest quality products, installed to the highest standards.© Home Logic UK Ltd. 2018. All rights reserved. Registered Office: c/o HJS Accountants, 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton SO15 2EA | Company Registration No: 09125321 | VAT No: 193899534 | Home Logic ® is a registered trademark of Home Logic UK Ltd (UK00003267772) | Home Logic UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Home Logic UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 765342. We are a credit broker and not a lender and have a facility with a panel of lenders | Home Logic is a trading name of Home Logic UK Ltd
Update Your Preferences