Spray foam insulation is blown or sprayed into place via the use of a mechanical hose. When blown into place it forms a continuous protective layer against heat loss, moisture and noise pollution. It is used to seal walls, barriers, roofs and all manner of contoured surfaces. The chemicals used are mixed on site before application. The reaction caused by this mixing process triggers the material to expand very quickly on contact, often reaching up to 100 times the initial size. This expansive action seals any gaps even in the most awkward and difficult areas. As with any product or material, there are advantages and disadvantages of spray foam insulation. Let’s focus on the positives first!
HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Replacement Conservatory & Flat Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backHome Logic Article
Disadvantages of Spray Foam InsulationBy admin
Thursday, 2 January 2020
The Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
Before highlighting the disadvantages of spray foam insulation let’s take a look at the positives first. This solution is known to provide effective resistance to heat loss. Any cracks or joints are covered, meaning you can significantly reduce the amount of unwanted air filtration through your property. There are three main categories of spray foam that be used for insulation purposes. High-density foam is used for exterior and roof space applications. Medium-density foam is suitable for continuous insulation and both medium and low-density foams can be used for interior cavity walls and attic applications.
For the sake of this list of benefits we are looking at high-density spray foam used for roof applications:
- Fits in constricted spaces without compromising on performance
- Extraordinary thermal qualities
- Air-tight seal that still allows a property to breathe
- Effective damp and moisture control
- Cancels out noise from outside
- Significantly reduces energy costs
- Environmentally friendly material
- Poses no health risks and contains no harmful chemicals
- Flame retardant material
What are the Disadvantages of Spray Foam Insulation?
The only real disadvantages of spray foam insulation are not caused by the material itself, but by the people installing it. Unlicensed insulation installers and unprofessional teams will provide inadequate results due to a lack of experience, skill and know-how. The product is only as good as the installation process so be mindful of this when choosing a spray foam insulation service.
Home Logic are trusted providers of spray foam insulation services all around the UK, so we know what we are talking about. If installed properly, we cannot think of any other disadvantages of spray foam insulation. Because otherwise, this choice of heat prevention method is extremely great value considering the level of results you can achieve.
Contact us today on 0800 1700 636 or drop us a message to obtain some more information on this method of insulating your home.
Icynene Spray Foam – It’s Home Logic!
Icynene is our spray foam product of choice – why? Because it’s just so home logical! In all seriousness this is an ultra-modern and revolutionary choice of insulation material that is guaranteed to provide cost-saving results with the right installation team and process! It is estimated that choosing this method may save you over a third on your heating costs across the year – a staggering 35%! This is just one of the reasons why Icynene dominates the spray foam insulation market, especially in the USA and Canada.
Icynene have recently announced the release of several new products too, as they continue to grow and further establish themselves as a market leading product. Still want to know more? Get in touch! Call us on 0800 1700 636 now to see how we can help you!Related Home Logic Living Articles
- Spray Foam Insulation Merseyside/sites/default/files/2020-01/spray%20foam%20insulation%20merseyside.jpg
- DIY Disasters To Avoid To Save Money/sites/default/files/diy-disasters-to-avoid-to-save-money2.jpg
- Does Spray Foam Work In The Cold Climate?/sites/default/files/does-spray-foam-work-in-the-cold_0.jpg
- Pros And Cons Of Thermotec Conservatory Roof Panels/sites/default/files/pros-and-cons-of-thermotec-conservatory-roof-panels1.jpg
- Driveway Resurface Or Replace: Which Is Best?https://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/driveway-resurface-or-replace.jpg
- Spray Foam Industry Reviews/sites/default/files/AdobeStock_88668268_0.jpg
- Spray foam Insulation Alcester/sites/default/files/icynene-spray-foam-insulation-alcester.jpg
- Spray Foam Insulation Bebington/sites/default/files/spray-foam-insulation-bebington1_0.jpg