HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Replacement Conservatory & Flat Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backPRODUCTS PAGE
Eco Friendly Spray Foam Insulation: What Does It Offer?By admin
Wednesday, 21 August 2019
Eco Friendly Spray Foam Insulation: What Does It Offer?
Homeowners across the country are moving to more sustainable and effective insulation products for their properties, to cut back on costs and emissions.
Eco friendly spray foam insulation is taking the UK by storm, having long been the product of choice in colder climes, such as Canada, Sweden and Norway. We’ve got the lowdown on it, how it works and where to get it, right here in the following article…
What Is Eco Friendly Spray Foam Insulation?
Spray foam insulation is an industrial foam that dries out and is used as a thermal barrier between the cold and wet that hits external walls and the warmer, dry interior within.
Spray foam insulation isn’t a new product per se, but is fairly new to the UK, where most homes still have traditional fibreglass insulation stuffed into wall cavities, and lining the floorboards of attics.
Why Is It So Effective?
The nature of this foam is that it expands to fill the space around it, sealing off even the most awkwardly sized or shaped areas from the outside world. This allows spray foam insulation to seal off areas that cannot be seen or reached by normal insulation.
Spray foam insulation does not absorb water, which greatly degrades the condition and functionality of traditional insulation products. There is no compromise even in the worst of weather: your interiors stay dry.
How Is Eco Friendly Spray Foam Insulation Installed?
Spray foam insulation is water-blown, and either sprayed onto a surface, or injected into a cavity, using specialist equipment. This should only be installed by specialist technicians. It dries out over a period of 24-hours, and then is sealed and cured.
Why Is Spray Foam Insulation Eco-Friendly?
The efficiency of spray foam insulation allows homeowners to save up to 40% on energy usage within the home – cutting back greatly on both emissions and bills!
The longevity of eco friendly spray foam insulation also means that it does not need repair or replacement, and stays in place with a minimum manufacturer’s guarantee of 25-years!
What Qualifications Are Required To Install It?
Spray foam insulation should only be installed by specialist technicians. The UK standard for the construction and home improvement industry is set by the BBA (British Board of Agrement), and they accredit Home Logic as trusted providers of spray foam insulation.
We are also recommended on the Which? Trusted Traders list, adhering strictly to their professional code of conduct, and undergoing random and vigorous testing and ‘mystery shops’.
Where Can I Get More Information?
Here at Home Logic, we offer free discussions, quotes and home surveys; all with no obligation to make a purchase.
Cut carbon and increase your comfort today, by calling 0800 1700 636, or simply clicking the button below!Related Home Logic Living Articles
- Is Spray Foam Insulation Toxic or Safe?/sites/default/files/is-spray-foam-insulation-toxic2.jpg
- Alternatives To Rockwool Insulation: What Are My Options?/sites/default/files/alternatives-to-rockwool-insulation.jpg
- Seeking Spray Foam Quotes On Behalf Of Parents? Here's What To Do...https://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/seeking-spray-foam-quotes-on-behalf-of-parents.jpg
- Conservatory Roof Leaking Where It Joins The House? Do This…https://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/conservatory-roof-leaking-where-it-joins-the-house.jpg
- How to Make a Conservatory into a Roomhttps://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/conservatory-insulation.jpg
- Damp and Mould on Walls: The Definitive Guidehttps://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/how-do-you-ventilate-a-conservatory-roof.jpg
- How Effective Is Solar Glass Over Polycarbonate?https://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/how-effective-is-solar-glass-over-polycarbonate2.jpg
- How To Make The Most Of A Glass Roofed Conservatoryhttps://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/how-to-make-the-most-of-a-glass-roofed-conservatory1.jpg