HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Replacement Conservatory & Flat Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backProtective Coatings
Elastomeric Exterior House Paint: What Does It Offer?By admin
Thursday, 19 September 2019
Welcome to Home Logic’s guide to the different options available for enhancing the outside of your home! Step right up, step right up, hear ye, hear ye! This list contains everything from a new front door, right through to the consideration of elastomeric exterior house paint.
Excuse me, what? What on earth is elastomeric exterior house paint? Read on to find out more!
New Paint Job: The Ultimate Exterior Upgrade
A new paint job is a sure-fire way of enhancing your home’s exterior. A fresh lick of paint can add character, personality, and provide a much-needed face-lift for your property’s facade.
There are hundreds of products to choose from, and a variety of different paint types too. Here’s the pros and cons of pressing ahead with this project:
- Fresh and clean image
- Adds kerb appeal to your home
- May secure a higher sale value
- May require extensive pre-work on old surfaces
- Very difficult to remove once set
- Paint can trap moisture, and lower thermal efficiency
Your entranceway is the first thing that visitors see, so it pays to invest in it accordingly and ensure it sets the right impression from the outset!
Invest In A New Front Door: Enlivening Your Entranceway
A new year, new beginnings, and a new front door as well. What better way to start your 2018? Investing in a new front door can also save money on your energy bills. You won’t believe how much heat can escape through here-especially if your doorframes are old and poorly insulated.
- Adds kerb appeal to your home
- New door and doorframes will improve insulation
- Increased security
There aren’t that many cons to installing a new door, aside from the initial cost of course. But nothing comes for free in this world!
If you can afford it, you should choose the very best materials for longevity and visual effect. You can even make your own patterns these days to create a driveway of utmost distinction!
Upgrading Your Driveway: First Impressions Count
Whether you choose a block driveway, or a resin driveway, it’s always a good idea to upgrade the front of your property. If you can afford it, you should choose the very best materials for longevity and visual effect. You can even make your own patterns these days!
- Increases kerb appeal dramatically
- Prevents water build-up
- May secure a higher sale value
- Not the cheapest option
- Requires regular maintenance for full benefits
- Can take weeks to install by a professional team at cost
Up to 25% of your internal heat can be lost through poorly insulated windows, making replacement a considerably cost-effective venture!
Install Some New Windows: An Easy Way To Halt Heat Loss
Just like a brand-new door, new windows are always a great idea too-especially if your current set-up is ageing. Up to 25% of your internal heat can be lost through poorly insulated windows. Using more power to replace this heat is doing no good to your carbon footprint.
- Improved insulation
- Save money on your energy bills
- Enhance the aesthetic of your home
- Cheaper than a new driveway, but still costly
- You may have to evacuate your home temporarily
- Requires the additional cost of an installation team
Applying this paint improves the structural integrity of buildings with older walls; helping homes that are situated in exposed areas withstand the full force of the elements!
Elastomeric Exterior House Paint: Year Round Property Protection
Elastomeric exterior house paint consists of acrylic latex, which is meant to be applied in very thick layers. These types of paint are around 10 x times thicker than your average paints. The material is extremely tough and flexible, meaning it can stretch more than other materials can.
This is beneficial for buildings with cracks, which may open and close with fluctuating temperatures and conditions.
As the cracks open and close, the elastic paint material bridges the gap and doesn’t crack itself. This keeps water, wind and other elements out, and maintains a smart appearance at all times.
- Great elasticity and flexibility
- Paint will not crack over time
- Extremely waterproof
- Some variants can affect a property’s breathability
- More expensive than standard paintjobs
- Can sometimes leave a rubber-like appearance
The Story of Elastomeric Exterior House Paint
This is an extremely durable material, one that is both mildew & dirt resistant. The waterproof finish has excellent elasticity, and offers high resistance to cracking.
For this reason, historically, elastomeric exterior house paint has been used in rendering for older properties.
This innovative masonry cream adopts the latest technology to create a revolutionary protective layer. This is absorbed within the brickwork instantly, sinking up to 17mm deep. With such a strong barrier, you can prevent up to 95% of water absorption!
Home Logic Wall Coatings: Where Form Meets Function
Home Logic Wall Coating is another option when it comes to enhancing the outside of your home. This is true for both aesthetic and protective purposes. This product not only provides your property with a facelift; it also protects it from heat loss and moisture gain for up to 20 years.
This innovative masonry cream adopts the latest technology to create a revolutionary protective layer. This is absorbed within the brickwork instantly, sinking up to 17mm deep. With such a strong barrier, you can prevent up to 95% of water absorption.
This a staggering difference in water preservation, one that may lead up to a 50% increase in heat retention within your home!
Ready to give your property the ultimate upgrade it deserves? Give us a call on 0800 1700 636, or click the button below to get the ball rolling today!Related Home Logic Living Articles
FULL RANGE OF SERVICES:OUR OFFICES:
- Benefits of External Wall Insulation
- Cost of External House Insulation
- Waterproofing Exterior Walls Products: The Essential Guide
- DIY External Wall Insulation – Everything You Need to Know
- Do You Know the External Wall Insulation Requirements in the UK?
- Do Brick Walls Need Insulation?
- Insulating An Old House From The Outside
- Different Types Of Rendering: The Definitive Guide
Home Logic’s continued commitment to you is that we only use the highest quality products, installed to the highest standards.© Home Logic UK Ltd. 2018. All rights reserved. Registered Office: c/o HJS Accountants, 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton SO15 2EA | Company Registration No: 09125321 | VAT No: 193899534 | Home Logic ® is a registered trademark of Home Logic UK Ltd (UK00003267772) | Home Logic UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Home Logic UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We are a credit broker and not a lender. We offer credit facilities from more than one lender.
Update Your Preferences