Unfortunately, Britain isn’t well known for having a warm and sunny climate, and even in the South, the sun doesn’t always shine. Perhaps that explains why so many homeowners have invested in insulation for their Croydon conservatory!
According to Ideal Homes, adding a conservatory to your property is one of the top ten best ways to add value to your home, however, not only will this extra space help to boost the resale value of your house, it will also bring lots of other benefits too including:
- Increasing the size of your house to provide extra space for your family
- Adding additional natural light to your home
- Offering a special place in the house where you can escape and relax at the end of a hard day
- Bringing your outdoors indoors, smoothing the transition between garden and home
- Giving you extra versatility and flexibility – you can use this space for any purpose you like, whether that be for dining, relaxing, working or playing
Types Of Conservatories
If you’re thinking of improving your home with a conservatory in Croydon, you are probably wondering which is the best type for you. The good news is that there is a style of conservatory to suit every home.
Are you looking for classic elegance? A Victorian design is a great choice. Would you rather keep it simple? A lean-to conservatory will fit the bill. An Edwardian style works well for all kinds of purposes, while a gable end conservatory will add a touch of elegance.
Perhaps you’re looking for something a little more contemporary? Or a bespoke design? Anything is possible.
Sadly, too many householders who have installed a conservatory in Croydon have discovered that they can’t use this space as often as they would like.
Why Are Conservatories Rarely Used?
Although the British public love conservatories, the sad fact is that all too often, they are rarely used. Even though space is at a premium in most people’s homes, the additional space that a conservatory provides frequently goes to waste, because these rooms are simply either too hot or too cold to sit in.
During the Winter months, the space can be unbearably cold, while on sunny days, the heat can become sweltering, making using this space an unpleasant experience.