HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Replacement Conservatory & Flat Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backPRODUCTS PAGE
How To Clean Mould Off Walls: Top Tips And TricksBy admin
Friday, 30 August 2019
Damp can cause unprecedented issues in your home ranging from health problems, to structural problems with the building you reside in. Either way you look at it,treating damp and mould is necessary for a comfortable and safe living environment.
With that in mind, we’ve compiled the following guide to how to clean mould off walls , featuring some top tips and tricks to get your interior looking blindingly bright in no time…
What Is Damp?
Damp is the process of water getting into your home, onto surfaces or in places where it can spread across the area and start to cause damage to your home and if left, can cause more permanent damage.
Damp comes in two main forms: penetrating damp which comes in through the walls; this can be caused by leaks into the home, or poor insulation.
The other form is rising damp, where the water in the ground (which should normally be prevented from rising with damp course), finds its way into your home, and appears at the lower parts of the walls.
The exterior walls, foundations, windows and roof of your property, if maintained correctly, will give years of trouble free existence and prevent against damp or mould appearing.
Think about insulating your home to create a moisture free environment. It has also been reported that mould spores can be more dangerous to your health than smoking!
What’s more, there are dangerous substances being released into the air in mould affected homes known as mycotoxins.
Mycotoxins are lethal to people’s health, causing severe reactions such as respiratory dis-functions, dangerous internal haemorrhages, skin irritations and mucous membrane distortions.
The toxins from mould are also a common cause of tiredness, nausea and feeling of confusion, slower reaction times, all of these leading to a dangerously compromised general wellbeing.
Treating Damp And Mould On Walls
There are a few things to consider when thinking about how to get rid of damp – rising damp in this case. These will be the main causes that trigger damp:
- There is no damp proof course (DPC) applied in a building
- The DPC has been applied improperly, or is faulty
- Foundations of the building have lost their weatherproof quality (mud, water, damp soil build up against the walls)
The symptoms of an existing rising damp problem
If you recognise an unusual, musky smell on your clothes, or if you find it difficult to get rid of a stale smell that seems to be emanating from your soft furniture, there may be damp starting to rise up your walls.
Don’t wait until you see specific black, dirty looking spots on your walls, that’s already mould feasting on perfect wet walls to thrive.
You must identify the cause first in order to deal with the problem fully, and protect the property from any further damage.
It may be that, before you invest in special wall cleaners and interior renovations of any sort, you will need to examine your exterior walls.
Any wall cracks, green moss growing, puddles forming by the foundations – they should all be recognised, treated, and dried fully. Once you are sure your outside walls are dry, it’s time to tackle the problem from the inside. Only under these circumstances innovative insulation solutions can be justified to use.
Spray Foam Can Stop Damp And Mould For Good
Icynene spray foam is hydrophobic, acting as a barrier against any damp air seeping in from outside. Light density spray foam products provide a vapour permeable air barrier that can move and flex with the building.
Being vapour permeable, it allows moisture to naturally diffuse through the insulation and dissipate from the building envelope.
This eliminates potential for damp to grow from condensation, and can provide you with a comfortable home environment.
Spray Foam Offers Superior Insulation
Out of a great variety of insulation materials for residential use, none of the traditional methods can match spray foam in terms of direct and indirect benefits.
Direct benefits entail immediate control of the room temperatures all year round, acoustic proofing, structural protection of the building and reduction of energy (heating and cooling) usage costs.
Indirect benefits – those that are a result of the direct ones) will include:
- Better off households (healthier savings balance)
- Increased general standard of living (less noise, cooler in summer, warmer in winter)
- Mould free, toxins free, outside pollution free air at home
Spray Foam Has A Solid Reputation
Spray Foam was first established in 1986, in Canada. Since it’s release, this premium performing product has fast evolved to be one of the most popular insulation materials on the renewable energy market today.
Over 3 billion boards of Spray Foam Insulation have been sprayed in nearly 500,000 homes! By choosing Home Logic as your spray foam installer of choice, you can be assured the highest level of professional conduct.
All of our expert installers are licensed contractors. This means they have had to pass comprehensive training, and pass a practical test before being let out on jobs. Once spray foam is installed in your house, you will be given peace of mind with our 25 year guarantee.
Our latest reviews from customers solidify our commitment to the home improvements industry as a whole.
Enlist The Help Of The Experts!
With ongoing training and development that our installers obtain, you can be certain that your concerns about your home are addressed, and all the issues solved.
As we work with honesty, integrity and trust, you will always stay informed about what we can or cannot do when carrying out an initial assessment.
Here at Home Logic, we are passionate about serving the people of England with low cost, green-friendly solutions to help reduce bills, and associated issues with homes.
Why not see the rest of our website or read more about how our spray foam İnsulation can help protect your property from damp and reduce household bills today. Alternatively, calling 0800 1700 636, or simply click the button below to request your free site survey today!Related Home Logic Living Articles
- Is Spray Foam Insulation Toxic or Safe?/sites/default/files/is-spray-foam-insulation-toxic2.jpg
- Alternatives To Rockwool Insulation: What Are My Options?/sites/default/files/alternatives-to-rockwool-insulation.jpg
- Seeking Spray Foam Quotes On Behalf Of Parents? Here's What To Do...https://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/seeking-spray-foam-quotes-on-behalf-of-parents.jpg
- Conservatory Roof Leaking Where It Joins The House? Do This…https://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/conservatory-roof-leaking-where-it-joins-the-house.jpg
- How to Make a Conservatory into a Roomhttps://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/conservatory-insulation.jpg
- Damp and Mould on Walls: The Definitive Guidehttps://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/how-do-you-ventilate-a-conservatory-roof.jpg
- How Effective Is Solar Glass Over Polycarbonate?https://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/how-effective-is-solar-glass-over-polycarbonate2.jpg
- How To Make The Most Of A Glass Roofed Conservatoryhttps://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/how-to-make-the-most-of-a-glass-roofed-conservatory1.jpg