Icynene classic – high class performance spray foam
Icynene Classic is an open cell spray foam insulation product which benefits the home owner with high performing insulating qualities. Icynene classic ( or LD-C-50 foam) has been in production for over 27 years in it’s birthplace of Canada and spray foam insulation has been extensively applied to approximately 40% of homes in North America as opposed to 0.1% 30 years ago.
By expanding to over 100x it’s volume it is able to fill in and crevasses and air leakage points that traditional insulations can miss. It is recommended that open cell insulations such as Icynene are used as opposed to close cell as it provides the building with a breathable structure.
Spray Foam Insulation Benefits
It is attractive to home-owners as it offers a range of benefits including:
- A warmer home in the winter and cooler home in the summer.
- LD-C-50 spray foam insulation offers instant reduction on energy bills of up to 35%.
- Higher Resistance than similar insulations such as Kingspan whilst using up less space.
- Extra and attractive loft space with no irritants such as fibre wool.
- Soundproofing qualities.
- Open celled and attached to a specially membrane of the building which allows removal or adjustments if changes need to be made to the roof in future.
- Breathable composition allows insulation to move with building throughout the seasons.
- Lowest global warming potential (GWP of 1).
- Residential application in under 1 day.
- 25 year manufacturers warranty.
How is Icynene Spray Foam Insulation applied?
Icynene is applied with a combination of water and chemicals which after application, are completely non-toxic, odour free and instantly effective in regards to insulating quality.
The product can be applied to new builds or existing properties. If the property already has insulation such a fibreglass our team can remove this for you at no additional cost.
Take advantage of reduced VAT on renewables
Currently you can pay a reduced V.A.T rate of 5% on energy products. Architects, building developers, construction engineers can take advantage of this reduced rate on the following products:
- Draught insulation and windows and doors.
- Insulation on walls, floors, ceilings and lofts.
- Solar panels.
- Wind turbines.
- ground-source heat pumps.
- air-source heat pumps.
- wood-fuelled boilers.
Only 25% of homes are suitable for Icynene so it may interest you to see if it can benefit your project. As accredited, master craft sprays licensed by Icynene we are able to give you free advice on the benefits, costs and application procedures.