HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Replacement Conservatory & Flat Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backHome Logic Article
Icynene Classic Max Open Cell Spray FoamBy admin
Thursday, 2 January 2020
Icynene Classic Max Open Cell Spray Foam
Icynene awarded Greenguard gold certification
Icynenes high performing spray, the Classic Max, has recently been awarded the Greenguard Gold Certification in the United States by UL environment, which means it has achieved a high level of economically friendly standards making it safe for home-owners. Although this award was given in the US, it further demonstrates the product superiority Icynene has over its competing insulation products.
Eco friendly homes are becoming increasingly popular worldwide, even those that do not follow the global narrative of climate change are becoming more and more attracted to the idea of a home that can be more energy efficient, as this not only helps combat global warming but also decreases your energy bills. It is also estimated up to 70% of home owners are more attracted to an eco friendly home (such as one that is insulated with Icynene), causing prices for these types of properties to go up by almost £10,000 in some cases.
What Does It Mean To Be GREENGUARD Certified?
For a product to achieve GREENGUARD certification means it that it is scientifically proven to meet some of the worlds most rigorous, third party chemical emissions standards set by a regulatory board. This helps reduce indoor air pollution and risk of chemical exposure given when applying a product such as Icynene spray foam insulation. To put it in layman terms GREENGUARD certification aims at creating healthy indoor environments for home owners.
Staggering facts have been released in the past few years including those of ‘new born babies not breathing clean air until they are up to 9 years old’. This is due to the amount of cities which have breached safe EU limits on air pollution reaching a record high. Those in highly populated cities such as London cannot expect the government to reduce these levels down to a safe amount until the year 2025.
What is an eco friendly home?
An eco friendly home is one that has taken proactive measures to help emit the least amount of carbon fumes back into the atmosphere as possible. The benefits of this range from reduced energy bills to help combating global warming and it is not just Icynene that can help contribute towards this. If you are looking to create a carbon free home you can look into investing in any of the following products:
- Creating your home using natural materials (timber frames, straw bales alls, organic paints, grass turf roofs)
- Solar thermal heating systems such as solar tiles or PV ( With these you can generate your own electricity and sell it back to the energy companies)
- Wood fired central heating systems
- Rainwater harvesting
- Compost toilets
- Large amounts of glazing to help let in daylight
- Highly insulated properties
What other certifications has icynene achieved in the eu?
- BBA Approval ( Home Logic are the only BBA approved pitched roof installers licensed to sell Icynene)
- ETA Approval
- IAB Certification
Interested in Icynene?
To find out more and see if you home is suitable, book your FREE home survey. All of our home surveys are funded so there is no obligation to purchase.Related Home Logic Living Articles
- Spray Foam Insulation South Humberside/sites/default/files/2020-01/Spray%20Foam%20Insulation%20South%20Humberside.jpg
- Spray Foam Insulation North Humberside/sites/default/files/resized/humberside-campsites.jpg
- Spray Foam Insulation Merseyside/sites/default/files/2020-01/spray%20foam%20insulation%20merseyside.jpg
- DIY Disasters To Avoid To Save Money/sites/default/files/diy-disasters-to-avoid-to-save-money2.jpg
- Does Spray Foam Work In The Cold Climate?/sites/default/files/does-spray-foam-work-in-the-cold_0.jpg
- Pros And Cons Of Thermotec Conservatory Roof Panels/sites/default/files/pros-and-cons-of-thermotec-conservatory-roof-panels1.jpg
- Driveway Resurface Or Replace: Which Is Best?https://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/driveway-resurface-or-replace.jpg
- Spray Foam Industry Reviews/sites/default/files/AdobeStock_88668268_0.jpg