HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Flat Roof & Conservatory Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backSpray Foam Insulation
Icynene Problems - Health Issues AddressedBy admin
Friday, 16 November 2018
We are back again with our monthly Q and A on Icynene products. Today we aim on clearing up health issue questions commonly asked, as we discuss Icynene problems...
Is Icynene Spray Foam Toxic?
Icynene Spray foam contains 99% air. The remaining 1%, once settled is non-toxic and will not aim in aiding the influx of flames during a fire nor will it emit significant quantities of toxic fumes.
Icynene Spray Foam Insulation is produced by mixing two chemicals that react upon application: a resin and a catalyst (also called MDI).
The resin consists of polyols, an economical group of chemicals considered non-toxic, which react immediately with the catalyst to form the foam.
All of our staff wear full protective PPE whilst installing Icynene, although once settled the spray is non-toxic, for the first 24 hours you must take precaution as any airborne chemicals have potential to do you harm. The sprayers are protected by a Tyvek suit and wear full respiratory masks to protect against inhaling any airborne foam particles during expansion.
Is Icynene Different to Polyurethane?
Our products use basic ingredients similar to those of polyurethane foams (PU foams). However, Icynene’s resins do not contain chemicals to aid expansion (blowing agents), which is not the case of PU foams.
This difference is important because some chemicals or gasses used in PU foams are hazardous.
Similarly, all kinds of plastic exist with very different properties, ranging from trash bags to Teflon used in body implants.
Icynene spray foam insulation is a high-quality and environmentally neutral foam that does not contain formaldehyde or volatile organic compound.
The global warming potential of Icynene Spray Foam insulation products is very low, equal to 1. Both the foam and resin contain no gases hazardous to the environment
Icynene Contains Chemicals. How Is It Deemed Healthy?
This gives reasoning behind our team wearing full respiratory gear and PPE. The chemicals used can be harmful before they amalgamate. Once they have mixed and settled together the product is completely safe and harmless to others. We are sure to give a 24 hour cooling off period for homeowners for peace of mind that the sprayed area is safe to enter.
Global Warming Potential (GWP)
Global warming potential (GWP) is a relative measure of how much heat a greenhouse gas traps in the atmosphere. It compares the amount of heat trapped by a certain mass of the gas in question to the amount of heat trapped by a similar mass of carbon dioxide.
The global warming potential of Icynene Spray Foam insulation products is very low, equal to 1. Both the foam and resin contain no gases hazardous to the environment. Since the raw materials used for producing the foam expand 100 times, the carbon footprint to transport Icynene is incredibly low. In fact, transporting the raw materials from Canada to Europe uses very little energy and much less space than traditional insulates such as fibreglass.
Studies by the European Environment Agency have shown that shipping from Canada is equivalent to using a lorry to travel 155 miles.
Ready to take the next step? Simply dial 0800 1700 636, or click the button below to get the ball rolling today!
Related Home Logic Living Articles
FULL RANGE OF SERVICES:OUR OFFICES:
- Fitting Insulation Between Rafters: The Essential Guide
- Insulation Options for New Homes: The Essential Guide
- Why Did The Green Deal Fail?
- Pros and Cons of Cellulose Insulation
- How Does Loft Insulation Reduce Heat Loss?
- Energy Savings of Icynene Spray Foam Insulation
- Icynene Insulation System And Damp: The Essential Guide
- How Does Loft Insulation Reduce Heat Loss?
Home Logic’s continued commitment to you is that we only use the highest quality products, installed to the highest standards.© Home Logic UK Ltd. 2018. All rights reserved. Registered Office: c/o HJS Accountants, 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton SO15 2EA | Company Registration No: 09125321 | VAT No: 193899534 | Home Logic ® is a registered trademark of Home Logic UK Ltd (UK00003267772) | Home Logic UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Home Logic UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We are a credit broker and not a lender. We offer credit facilities from more than one lender.
Update Your Preferences