HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Replacement Conservatory & Flat Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backWindows, Doors & Conservatories
Installing Windows in Winter vs Summer: Which Is Best?By admin
Thursday, 19 September 2019
Deciding each detail about your new window can be a long and arduous process, but with the end in sight, there is one last decision to be made – should you be installing windows in Winter or Summer?
Designing new windows can be incredibly fun, but the really exciting part comes when they are being installed. Before your eyes, the whole external appearance of your home is going to be changed. Your kerb-appeal is going to get a substantial boost, and potentially your property value with it!
Then comes the internal benefits. If you have chosen a modern unit with triple-glazing, your home will be warmer, as less heat is allowed to pass through the glass.
There will be an increase in sound insulation, cancelling out noise from the street. Not to mention the incredible ease of maintenance that comes attached to a brand-new window system.
There is no denying that new windows are an exciting home improvement, and one that you’re unlikely going to want to wait for. But is it worth waiting and having your new windows installed at a different time of the year? It’s time to find out…
Winter Window Installation
Installing new windows in the Winter has its positives and negatives. It may not seem like the best time of the year to go through the installation process, but it is definitely the best time of the year to feel the heat-retaining effects of new windows.
A good quality window, fitted with triple-glazing, is going to banish the chill on long Winter nights, but winter installation comes with some uncertainties. Take a look at the advantages and disadvantages to a Winter installation:
- As the Winter can be slower than the rest of the year for installations, you’ll likely be able to get a date and time to perfectly suit your schedule. This also means that rescheduling in the case of an emergency could be easier.
- You may be able to get special Winter deals and discounts on certain window installations, making the whole process far less expensive overall.
- Your home will be ready for the temperature drop, and better protected against the harsh winter weather.
- British weather is very unpredictable. The perfect day to install your windows could turn rainy, windy, or snowy, at a moment’s notice.
- Moisture in the air or a bout of rain could mean that the window seal doesn’t set as it should.
- If more than one window is worked on at once, you’re going to feel the chill in your home.
If you get a trusted installer, that knows what they are doing, then there should be no reason why the quality or fit of your new windows should be compromised
Summer Window Installation
When most people think of the optimum time for window installation, they immediately think of the summer. The weather is warmer, and there is normally less of a chance that weather-related problems will occur.
However, just like Winter window installation, Summer installation has its pros and cons:
- There are plenty of hours of daylight to get the work completed.
- It is less likely to rain and cause problems during the installation.
- Getting new windows in the summer also has it benefits, like helping to prevent UV damage to your furnishings.
- Many window companies will be booked up in advance, so you may not get a date that is suitable for you.
- The humidity can make installation windows difficult, as well as the heat.
- There is still no surety that the weather is going to work in your favour.
When you install triple-glazing and a modern system, the benefits can be felt all year-round, so there is no reason why they shouldn’t be fitted sooner rather than later. After all, there is no better time to start saving energy than now!
What do I Need to Remember When Getting New Windows Installed?
While there are pretty strong advantages and disadvantages to each season, it is completely possible to have your windows installed at either time.
Each season can benefit from the installation of high-quality windows, and glazing, like triple-glazing.
Get the Best for Your Home – No Matter the Season
When you choose Home Logic to install your new windows, you’re choosing a service that will always deliver the best, no matter the season or accompanying weather.
Whether you’re considering a Winter installation for your windows, or a Summer one, Home Logic are always on hand to make sure the job gets done to the highest standard you deserve. Give us a call on 0800 1700 636, or simply click the button below to get in touch with our team today!Related Home Logic Living Articles
FULL RANGE OF SERVICES:OUR OFFICES:
- Pros And Cons Of Thermotec Conservatory Roof Panels
- Bifold Door Not Closing? Here's What To Do...
- HOW TO: Choose Aluminium Windows Norwich Contractors
- Double Glazing Salisbury Suppliers: What Do They Offer?
- Why Do My House Windows Fog Up?
- How to Insulate Windows: Your Go-To Guide
- Double Glazing Sheffield And Stocksbridge Services
- How To Choose Double Glazing Coventry Contractors
Home Logic’s continued commitment to you is that we only use the highest quality products, installed to the highest standards.© Home Logic UK Ltd. 2018. All rights reserved. Registered Office: c/o HJS Accountants, 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton SO15 2EA | Company Registration No: 09125321 | VAT No: 193899534 | Home Logic ® is a registered trademark of Home Logic UK Ltd (UK00003267772) | Home Logic UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Home Logic UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 765342. We are a credit broker and not a lender and have a facility with a panel of lenders | Home Logic is a trading name of Home Logic UK Ltd
Update Your Preferences