HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Replacement Conservatory & Flat Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backHome Logic Article
Outdoor Home Painting Ideas And Advice: 5 Top TipsBy admin
Tuesday, 17 September 2019
Although outdoor painting projects can be exciting to attempt, it’s easy to feel dismayed halfway through, when you fail to achieve what you envisioned.
Many homeowners who are starting out with D.I.Y home projects choose to tackle exterior painting first-and often to their own detriment. But just because you can do it, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t educate yourself on how to do it properly, or even enlist the help of the experts to achieve the desired effect.
A rushed and sloppy paint job can overshadow your room’s overall aesthetics, making it look decidedly lacklustre.
If you’re planning a D.I.Y paint project, it’s extremely important that you take all the steps and care needed to achieve a flawless finish for your walls.
Here’s 7 suggestions to bear in mind before you (or your chosen contractor) presses ahead with this project…
Top Tip No.1. Conduct A Thorough Inspection
Before you press ahead with your project, you should start by inspecting the walls for any telltale signs of damage that needs addressing. Dents and cracks in the wall can prove particularly problematic, and should always be filled prior to painting.
However, for larger-scale repairs and drywalling, professional assistance is usually required
It’s also crucial that you thoroughly clean the walls, prior to application. By removing dust from the walls, your paint will stick to the surface and stay there.
Top Tip No.2. Focus on The Forecast Beforehand
There’s no denying that British weather plays havoc with our plans-and your painting project is no exception. In rainy conditions, it will take far longer for the paint to dry, and will continue to work against you and your endeavours.
Moral of the story? Check the forecast before you press ahead with this project, and set aside a dry day for the painting.
Top Tip No.3. Ensure Prior Preparation
When it comes to any type of paint project, always ensure you prepare the area you’re aiming to paint.
Remove moss, algae or lichen that’s built up in the brickwork-a quick powerwash can prove particularly beneficial, and will ensure the surface of your walls are ready to receive your chosen paint.
Top Tip No.4. Assess The Options On Offer
The choice of exterior wall paints available on the market is truly staggering-and can sometimes seem overwhelming. The last thing you’ll want to do is choose a paint finish that takes away from the style of the room. Of course, you want to choose the best paint for your walls.
Don’t be tempted to cut costs with an inferior product; in this instance, the old adage ‘you get what you pay for’ really does come to light, with poor paint substitutes leading to a patchy finish, or unable to adhere to the wall.
Top Tip No.5. Ask for Advice From The Experts
While some homeowners feel they can take on DIY painting projects with wild abandon, for most of us, advice from the exterior wall painting experts can be invaluable.
Exterior wall painting experts can help not only in terms of discerning the best type of paint for a particular property-but also in ensuring the paint is professionally applied the first time-with no need for a subsequent repaint.
Another benefit of hiring a professional painting contractor is the time you’ll save by doing so. For smaller homes, an exterior painting project is potentially feasible.
However, if you’re lucky enough to live in an townhouse, or a detached property with multiple bedrooms, painting the exterior of your home will be incredibly labour-intensive.
We all live increasingly busy lives these days, so knowing there’s an expert tackling the task on your job will save you substantial time, and provide a refreshing sense of reassurance that the future of your property’s façade is in confident, capable hands.
Seeking expert advice on weatherproofing your home for the long-term? Exterior wall paint offers a salient solution. Take the first step to upgrading your property’s exterior today,by calling 0800 1700 636,or by simply clicking the button below!Related Home Logic Living Articles
- Spray Foam Insulation Merseyside/sites/default/files/2020-01/spray%20foam%20insulation%20merseyside.jpg
- DIY Disasters To Avoid To Save Money/sites/default/files/diy-disasters-to-avoid-to-save-money2.jpg
- Does Spray Foam Work In The Cold Climate?/sites/default/files/does-spray-foam-work-in-the-cold_0.jpg
- Pros And Cons Of Thermotec Conservatory Roof Panels/sites/default/files/pros-and-cons-of-thermotec-conservatory-roof-panels1.jpg
- Driveway Resurface Or Replace: Which Is Best?https://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/driveway-resurface-or-replace.jpg
- Spray Foam Industry Reviews/sites/default/files/AdobeStock_88668268_0.jpg
- Spray foam Insulation Alcester/sites/default/files/icynene-spray-foam-insulation-alcester.jpg
- Spray Foam Insulation Bebington/sites/default/files/spray-foam-insulation-bebington1_0.jpg