HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Replacement Conservatory & Flat Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backDriveways & Resin Surfacing
Resin Driveways Complaints: Can they Be Resolved?By admin
Wednesday, 18 September 2019
After paying out for a brand-new home improvement, there are few things worse than the product not living up to expectations. Due to this, it is incredibly important to know what you are investing in before you make the final step.
Resin bound driveways are one of those home improvements that have the potential to really make a difference to your life. Offering a complete transformation to the exterior of your home, this luxury surfacing material is one of the best materials available on the market.
However, that doesn’t mean that there are not resin driveway complaints, nor reasons that the product can’t go wrong.
Like any of the top home improvements out there, no process is infallible, and a few ill-advised choices during the process, can lead to some disastrous results.
With resin bound driveways, a product built to last, be durable, and provide a breath-taking finish, problems with the product can be incredibly frustrating to homeowners.
So, what are the common resin driveway complaints that you should take note of, and importantly, how can you avoid them? It’s time to find out…
What Can Go Wrong With Resin Driveways?
Resin driveways are one of the eco-friendliest, easiest to maintain, and customisable driveways available in the UK.
The product is strong, installed quickly, and normally free of problems, making the most common resin driveway complaints, largely down to the installation, and what wasn’t done correctly at the time.
Here’s the main resin driveway complaints that you should be on the lookout for:
• Poor quality resin: No two companies are the same, and that often means that their products are not the same either. While resin is a wonderful option, used in all different types of flooring as well as driveways, some installers use a poor-quality product. This can cause major problems later down the line.
• Inadequate foundations: A resin driveway complaint that can lead to disastrous consequences, if the foundations of the driveway are not suitable, the resin is never going to be able to live up to the promise of a durable, hard-wearing driveway. All foundations should be able to withstand the pressure of vehicles for decades after the initial installation.
While resin driveway complaints highlight what can go wrong with poorly fitted resin, our previous customers are a wonderful testament to what can go right!
Resin Driveways: Additional Difficulties Of A Sub-Par Installation
• The driveway was unsuited to resin: Every home and driveway has individual needs, and the product should be tailored to those needs. If your driveway isn’t suitable for resin, then it shouldn’t be installed.
• The Installation was below par: The quality of finish starts and ends not just with the product, but with the installation. If the installation was rushed, inadequate, or inexperienced, problems can arise immediately, or even years down the line. It is essential to ensure that the installers are experienced, and are compliant with all the right regulations, including SUDs.
• Incorrect mixing of the resin: Resin needs to be mixed properly; if too much or too little stone is added to the mix, the end product is not going to live up to expectations. This can lead to cracks in the surface of the resin, or the resin completely breaking up.
• The driveway was installed too slowly: Perfectly laid resin with create a seamless surface every single time. When the resin is laid too slowly, joints can appear, affecting the finish and turning what can be a stunning focal point of your property into something that is neither smooth or appealing.
How Can I Avoid Similar Problems With My New Resin Driveway?
As with all home improvements, the best way to avoid problems is to select a company that knows what they are doing, and how to tailor the service to your home.
Resin itself is a wonderful product that delivers practical and lasting solutions to UK homes, offering a beautiful finish, that requires very little maintenance.
This is only compromised when the installers had no idea what they were doing, or where too hasty or slow in getting the job done that they didn’t give your home the care and attention it deserves.
At Home Logic, we have had the pleasure of working with families all over the UK, bringing the benefits of perfectly laid resin driveways to an exceptional number of satisfied customers.
While resin driveway complaints highlight what can go wrong with poorly fitted resin, our previous customers are a wonderful testament to what can go right.
From the stunning benefits of wall coatings, to the best resin driveways around, you can count on us to ensure the finished product is nothing less than perfect. Simply call 0800 1700 636, or click the button below to request your free site survey today!Related Home Logic Living Articles
FULL RANGE OF SERVICES:OUR OFFICES:
- Will My Landscaping Be Protected During Installation?
- SOLVED: How Will The Sub-Base Be Handled?
- How Can I Increase The Longevity Of My Driveway?
- Does The Choice Of Pattern and Colour Affect The Final Price I Pay?
- Sealcoating and Resurfacing A Driveway: Your Go-To Guide
- How To Level A Driveway: Step By Step Guide
- SOLVED: How Many Driveways Can A House Have?
- How To Fix An Uneven Driveway
Home Logic’s continued commitment to you is that we only use the highest quality products, installed to the highest standards.© Home Logic UK Ltd. 2018. All rights reserved. Registered Office: c/o HJS Accountants, 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton SO15 2EA | Company Registration No: 09125321 | VAT No: 193899534 | Home Logic ® is a registered trademark of Home Logic UK Ltd (UK00003267772) | Home Logic UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Home Logic UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 765342. We are a credit broker and not a lender and have a facility with a panel of lenders | Home Logic is a trading name of Home Logic UK Ltd
Update Your Preferences