HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Flat Roof & Conservatory Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backFlat Roof & Conservatory Roofs
Roof Replacement Cost Calculator: Keeping Costs In CheckBy admin
Thursday, 19 September 2019
Welcome to Home Logic’s Roof Replacement Cost Calculator! You might be here because of that troublesome damp patch you noticed appearing on your ceiling, or the areas of peeling plaster at the top of your walls.
Or maybe your roof has sprung a serious leak and you’re in urgent need of a replacement roof?
It can be time consuming working out how much a new roof is going to cost you, and there are many factors you’ll need to consider.
Our handy calculator will help you estimate just how much to put aside for your new roof, which means you can get on with the important things; like spending the rest of your cash on that holiday you’ve been putting off!
What’s Wrong with Your Roof?
Even with regular maintenance and repairs, the lifespan of an average roof is only around 20 years. After this time, problems can start to occur, and you may find you end up spending more time maintaining and repairing your roof than you would do replacing it.
Broken tiles or slates, damaged lead flashing, an obstructed roof valley or cracked ridge tiles – these can all lead to a leaking roof. This can then cause further damage to your property’s overall structure.
Rather than waste your hard-earned cash on constant repairs, it might be time to wave bye-bye to the old and welcome in a shiny new roof.
How Much is this Going to Cost Me?
There’s no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to a new roof; that’s because there are plenty of factors to consider when calculating the cost. Our roof replacement cost calculator takes the guesswork out of estimating a price for your new roof. Here are some of the main factors to consider:
- The size of your home
- Your home’s location
- Accessibility (how easy is your roof to access?)
- The pitch of your roof (a steeper pitch usually equates to higher costs)
- The type of roof you have (e.g. natural slate or tile etc.)
- Cost of materials
- The quality of materials
- The cost of labour in your area
Needless to say, that’s a lot of different factors to consider-but all are worthy of attention!
With up to 25% of your home’s heat lost through the roof, installing new insulation once your roof has been fitted could help you to stay cosy through the cold Winter months
How Can the Roof Replacement Cost Calculator Help?
As a guide, the average cost to replace the roof on a three bedroom, two-storey, semi-detached house is around £5,600 for plain tiles. If you’re using slate tiles, this rises to an average of £6,250.
This includes materials and labour, but there are other costs to consider when it comes to replacing your roof :
- Scaffolding – this can cost anywhere from £900+
- Hire of a skip – this could cost around £200 for a small skip
- Labour – costs can vary depending on where in the UK you live. Generally though, you can expect to pay around £250 a day for a labourer and roofer
- Optional extras such as the cost of replacing fascias, repointing a chimney, installing roof tile vents etc. These extra costs can often reach several thousands of pounds!
There are also costs like the price of underlay, the cost of stripping old tiles etc. But this could still work out cheaper than paying to constantly repair and maintain an old roof.
In fact, a survey by ThisIsMoney revealed that a professionally installed new roof has a ROI of 63%, making it an incredibly cost-effective investment!
Using the roof replacement cost calculator takes into account a huge variety of different factors, enabling you to budget for your new roof, whether you’re ready for it to be installed right now, or need some time to start saving before you press ahead.
It’s Not Just About the Cash
Replacing your roof isn’t just about saving money. Imagine enjoying a warmer and more comfortable home throughout the year – with no damp patches or leaks. That’s the reality when you have a new roof installed, and whilst you’re are it, you could also consider some new insulation.
With up to 25% of your home’s heat lost through the roof, installing new insulation once your roof has been fitted could help you to stay cosy through the cold Winter months.
Roof Replacement Cost Calculator: Make a Logical Decision
Our roof replacement cost calculator can help you to start budgeting for a new roof.
So why not get in touch with us today for a friendly, no-obligation chat, if you’ve decided 2018 is the year your roof gets replaced?
For more information on our services, just give us a call us on 0800 1700 636. Alternatively, simply click the button below to talk to our team direct!
Related Home Logic Living Articles
FULL RANGE OF SERVICES:OUR OFFICES:
- Lightweight Conservatory Roof Replacement Cost
- How To Insulate Conservatory Roof Yourself
- How To Update Home For Spring
- South Facing Conservatory Problems
- How To Tell If A Roof Needs To Be Replaced
- SOLVED: Can You Walk On A Tiled Roof?
- How Many Years Does A Concrete Tile Roof Last?
- SOLVED: How Much Does It Cost To Tile A Roof?
Home Logic’s continued commitment to you is that we only use the highest quality products, installed to the highest standards.© Home Logic UK Ltd. 2018. All rights reserved. Registered Office: c/o HJS Accountants, 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton SO15 2EA | Company Registration No: 09125321 | VAT No: 193899534 | Home Logic ® is a registered trademark of Home Logic UK Ltd (UK00003267772) | Home Logic UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Home Logic UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We are a credit broker and not a lender. We offer credit facilities from more than one lender.
Update Your Preferences