This is a common question we get asked a lot here at Home Logic. If you do not already know, Icynene is one of the most modern and revolutionary insulation products available on the market today. You can save up to 35% on your utility bills by using Icynene to insulate your loft alone. This is a staggering amount of savings! But what is the U-value of Icynene? Well before we can answer that we should explain what a U-value is.
HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Replacement Conservatory & Flat Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backHome Logic Article
What is the U-Value of Icynene?By admin
Monday, 2 September 2019
What is a U-Value?
A U-value measures just how effective a material is at insulating temperature. It is also known as thermal transmittance and this measures how fast heat-transfer occurs through a certain structure. It then divides this by the difference in temperature across that structure. This process uses W/m²K as units of measurement. If a structure is well-insulated then it will have a low U-value and vice versa. So what is the U-Value of Icynene?
The Answer to – What is the U-Value of Icynene?
Icynene LD-C-50 possesses thermal conductivity at around 0.039 W/m²K. But to be honest, on its own this value is relatively useless. You see, U-Value is not the only method of measuring insulation performance, nor is it the only factor in ensuring its effectiveness. It is impossible to truly define how good or bad a product is by just this number alone.
Why? Because firstly, a product or service is only as good as the product or service provider. Insulation can only truly work or be effective at all if it is installed and finished accurately and professionally. A U-Value is useless if the team taking care of installation are careless and sloppy. If sealed incorrectly or without proper attention, wind may be allowed to blow right through your insulation and therefore render it useless. So you could have the best ‘U-Value’ possible but still lose heat through your roof!
Worry More About Professionalism Than U-Value
All U-value tests are conducted in sealed environments, often in laboratory settings where the atmosphere is calm and controlled. This does not replicate the true conditions of what it’s like in some of your lofts at home – especially if you live in places like Manchester where it rains almost every day! A laboratory is not an accurate representation of the conditions some loft insulation materials will experience out in the real-world cities of the UK.
This doesn’t take into consideration moisture, steam from your bathroom, high winds or improper installation. So worry more about making sure you have the right team for the job, rather than concern yourself too much about U-Value. Don’t get us wrong – Icynene spray foam insulation has an incredible U-Value at 0.039 W/m²K! This is almost unbeatable by many other products on the market today. But still, the product is only as good as the team installing it!
So if anyone ever asks you what is the U-Value of Icynene – you should answer with what is the value of your installation team? Because at the end of the day, a trusted and reliable service is what matters most.
Contact Home Logic Today
If your property is not adequately ventilated it may fall victim to moisture and water vapour in the air. This is also true if your home has been insulated with fibre insulation. Water vapour and steam generated within your property will semi-saturate this type of material and may cut its effectiveness by half. Spray foam insulation is the way to go and Icynene is perhaps the best available option on the market.
If you would like some more information or to see how we can help you avoid moisture related problems in your home – give us a call today on 0800 1700 636. Alternatively, you can reach out to us on email@example.com or leave us a message on our contact page. We’d love to help you out with whatever insulation needs you may have, or provide a no-obligation free quote for your property. Just let us know who you are and where you are based and we’ll get the ball rolling! Again, what is the U-Value of Icynene? With us it’s almost priceless!Related Home Logic Living Articles
- Spray Foam Insulation Merseyside/sites/default/files/2020-01/spray%20foam%20insulation%20merseyside.jpg
- DIY Disasters To Avoid To Save Money/sites/default/files/diy-disasters-to-avoid-to-save-money2.jpg
- Does Spray Foam Work In The Cold Climate?/sites/default/files/does-spray-foam-work-in-the-cold_0.jpg
- Pros And Cons Of Thermotec Conservatory Roof Panels/sites/default/files/pros-and-cons-of-thermotec-conservatory-roof-panels1.jpg
- Driveway Resurface Or Replace: Which Is Best?https://www.homelogic.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/related_article_thumbnail_desktop/public/driveway-resurface-or-replace.jpg
- Spray Foam Industry Reviews/sites/default/files/AdobeStock_88668268_0.jpg
- Spray foam Insulation Alcester/sites/default/files/icynene-spray-foam-insulation-alcester.jpg
- Spray Foam Insulation Bebington/sites/default/files/spray-foam-insulation-bebington1_0.jpg