HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Replacement Conservatory & Flat Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backSpray Foam Insulation
Where Can I Buy Insulation?By admin
Thursday, 5 December 2019
If you live in a home that is not properly insulated, you’ve probably thought about buying insulation. But before you ask yourself “Where can I buy insulation”, you need to think about the whole process. There are things you need to consider before buying insulation. For starters, do you need insulation, and what are the problems your insulation will solve? Well, let’s look at those questions and answers....
Why Buy Insulation?
As we mentioned before you ask “Where can I buy insulation”, ask whether insulation will help you. The short answer is yes. There are number of ways insulating your home helps you.
For starters, you reduce your energy bill. A proper insulation will prevent heat gain during the summer, and heat loss during the winter. That means you’ll need less energy for cooling down the room in the summer and heating it up in the winter.
Insulation also provides sound control for your space, absorbing sound and reducing the unwanted noise from appliances and other devices and equipment.
You will also improve your moisture control, and make sure that you can perform activities like cooking, bathing, and washing without any worry. Just for info, all of these activities produce a vapour that can become trapped inside walls, which results in mould.
Last, but not least, you will improve your energy efficiency. As we mentioned, insulation makes sure you keep the heat inside during winter, and outside during summer.
What Do You Need To Know?
There are few things you need to know before you add insulation in your home. For starters, you need to know what R-Value is. This is the measure of a material’s ability to resist heat conduction. The greater the value, the better the material is. All values are clearly shown on the packaging of the material.
Next, you need to know which areas you need to insulate. Those include the attic, the basement, the crawl space, exterior walls and floors, knee walls, interior walls, and the garage walls and ceilings.
There are several types of insulation. They are spray foam, rigid foam, speciality, batting, and blown-in.
Spray foam can lead to moisture damage since you seal the space and trap any moisture that leaks through the roof. As a result, the rafters and the roof sheathing may be damaged, compromising the safety of your entire building
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Spray Foam
There are advantages and disadvantages of every product on the market. Spray foam is one of the common choices for insulation. And in terms of insulation with spray foam, these are the pros and cons. Let’s start with the good news first.
Pros of spray foam insulation
- Effective for walls and house ceilings. The result is energy savings. Spray foam eliminates the need for soft and ridge vents. You can expect up to 50% reduction in heating and cooling needed
- Spray form does not breakdown into toxic dust, something that happens with fiberglass. That makes spray foam safe for your health. You can use it in chemically and environmentally sensitive environments with no harm
- Spray foam absorbs sound from inside and outside the building, resulting in better comfort for you. Spray foam also eliminates cold, damp, and drafty spots
Last, but not least, spray foam is eco-friendly as it is made of soy-based polyols and recycled plastics
Cons of spray foam insulation
- Spray foam can be a more expensive insulation solution, much more pricey than conventional products
- Spray foam is not thick enough, which often leads to overuse. There is two types, open and closed cell, and the problem is usually common for the latter. However, it can happen with open cell spray foam solution
- Spray foam can lead to moisture damage since you seal the space and trap any moisture that leaks through the roof. As a result, the rafters and the roof sheathing may be damaged, compromising the safety of your entire building
The Best Insulation Solution
Now that you understand what insulation is, and how it works, it is time to help you answer that first question, “Where can I buy insulation”?
Well, the best place to buy insulation is from a reputable and reliable company that has delivered great results. Check the customer’s reviews, and you’ll see whether a company is worthy of your money or not.
Request a Free Quotation Today
Ready to radically reduce your bills? Spray foam enables you to achieve exactly that! Get set for significant savings by calling 0800 1700 636, or by simply clicking the button below!Related Home Logic Living ArticlesFULL RANGE OF SERVICES:OUR OFFICES:
Home Logic’s continued commitment to you is that we only use the highest quality products, installed to the highest standards.© Home Logic UK Ltd. 2018. All rights reserved. Registered Office: c/o HJS Accountants, 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton SO15 2EA | Company Registration No: 09125321 | VAT No: 193899534 | Home Logic ® is a registered trademark of Home Logic UK Ltd (UK00003267772) | Home Logic UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Home Logic UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 765342. We are a credit broker and not a lender and have a facility with a panel of lenders | Home Logic is a trading name of Home Logic UK Ltd
Update Your Preferences