HOME LOGIC LIVINGYour inspiration
- Protective Coatings
- Driveways & Resin Surfacing
- Windows, Doors & Conservatories
- Boilers & Smart Home Products
- Replacement Conservatory & Flat Roofs
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Online EstimatorBEST Offers TODAY!
- HOMEWORLD Shop OnlineGet In TouchGo backDriveways & Resin Surfacing
Are Resin Driveways Wildlife Friendly?By admin
Monday, 9 September 2019
From the humble hedgehog, to the beautiful barn owl, the UK has a wonderful array of natural wildlife. It’s the responsibility of every homeowner in the UK to make sure that they do their part to make sure that the wildlife of our country is not put at risk.
While nobody would knowingly harm or endanger the stunning wildlife that call the countryside around our houses, their homes, the reality, is, certain home improvements can do more damage to wildlife than you might expect.
To protect the diverse and beautiful species of wildlife that we enjoy in the UK, careful consideration needs to be given to the suitability of the materials we use outside our homes.
If you’re thinking about purchasing a new driveway, then there are a few aspects of the design and material choice that you need to consider carefully.
So, are resin driveways wildlife friendly? Let’s take a look…
Driveways and The Problem of Drainage
Drainage is a major concern when it comes to protecting wildlife and still having a good-looking, functional, and durable driveway. Poor driveway drainage can be a detriment to wildlife and the driveway itself.
Many driveway materials are unsuitable and unsafe for wildlife simply because they don’t allow for adequate drainage. Without drainage, there is no flood prevention and there is less water for plants to grow and thrive; this in turn means that local wildlife will be without a habitat.
In terms of drainage, resin is one of the best materials out there for the protection of wildlife.
The material is completely permeable, which means that water will easily seep through the surface, helping nearby plants to thrive and reducing the risk of flooded drains.
Resin is an incredibly eco-friendly driveway material. Not only is resin permeable to help with natural water drainage, but the driveway itself can be constructed from recycled stones for an even greater assurance of the sustainability of the drive
Resin Driveways – The Safe Surface Option for Your Home
Drainage plays a big role in just why resin is a top choice for a wildlife-friendly driveway, but it’s not the only reason. There are many benefits to resin and the protection of local wildlife:
• Less Pollutants – As resin driveways are Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SuDs) compliant, the drainage system allows for the breakdown of pollutants that could be harmful to wildlife, by slowing the water runoff.
• Eco-Friendly Construction – Resin is an incredibly eco-friendly driveway material. Not only is resin permeable to help with natural water drainage, but the driveway itself can be constructed from recycled stones for an even greater assurance of the sustainability of the drive.
• Strong and Durable Surface – While the strong surface construction of resin may not initially seem to be an advantage in terms of being wildlife-friendly, the strength of the surface means that it’s more than suitable for housing multiple cars in a small area, without having to pave an entire front garden. The large number of completely paved gardens, around 33% of front gardens in the UK, is one of the greatest threats to wildlife, completely destroying their habitat.
• Option of Tree Pit Packs – Protecting natural habitats is essential for wildlife to thrive, and with resin driveways, you can ensure this with the addition of tree pit packs. With a tree pit pack, you can easily design your driveway around existing trees, or plant new ones, and still ensure that there is adequate drainage, irrigation, and the roots are protected.
• Versatile Design Options – With resin, you can design the layout of your drive in any way that you can imagine. This could include leaving a large grass area in the middle of your drive for wildlife, bordering the drive with wildlife-friendly plants or shrubs, or optimising your drive to leave plenty of natural area.
A resin driveway is designed as a high performance option, both in terms of environmental protection and durability, giving UK homeowners peace of mind about the longevity of their drive
Home Logic – Constructing Drives That are Built to Last
Resin driveways are a modern solution to achieving a high-quality driveway that is constructed to last, without compromising on style or design.
A resin driveway is designed as a high performance option, both in terms of environmental protection and durability, giving UK homeowners a peace of mind about the longevity of their drive.
At Home Logic, we specialize in top of the range home improvements that not only look fantastic and work exceptionally, but that also offer additional improvements to your home, be it in the form of excellent driveway drainage or helping you to save money on your energy bills.
If you would like to learn more about high-quality wildlife friendly resin driveways, please also watch the video footage of one of our recent projects:
Welcome cute little critters to your garden, with top-quality resin bound surfacing. A fully SUDs compliant material, resin bound driveways ensure adequate drainage from the outset.
Learn more today by clicking the button below
Related Home Logic Living Articles
- Are Resin Driveways Expensive? The Definitive Answer
- Resin Driveway Company Southampton
- How Much Does A Resin Bonded Driveway Cost Hampshire?
- What Are The Main Resin Bond Driveway Problems?
- Resin Driveway Cost Calculator: How Can I Keep In Budget?
- How To Level A Driveway: Step By Step Guide
- SOLVED: How Many Driveways Can A House Have?
- How To Fix An Uneven Driveway
1st Floor, Anglo City House
2-6 Shirley Road
SO15 3EUSocialHome Logic's continued commitment to you is that we only use the highest quality products, installed to the highest standards.© Home Logic UK Ltd. 2018. All rights reserved. Registered Office: c/o HJS Accountants, 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton SO15 2EA | Company Registration No: 09125321 | VAT No: 193899534Home Logic ® is a registered trademark of Home Logic UK Ltd (UK00003267772) Home Logic UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Home Logic UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 765342. We are a credit broker and not a lender and have a facility with a panel of lenders. Home Logic is a trading name of Home Logic UK Ltd