Does Artificial Grass Complement A Resin Driveway?
Improving your garden, front or back, is almost always a great idea. You will make your house look better than the rest of the street, you will improve its overall value, and you will give yourself additional outdoor space that you may not have used in the past.
When it comes to your front garden, a new driveway and lawned area is the perfect landscaping combination to make the most of the space. But what if you chose a resin bound driveway and artificial grass? Would this be a good combination, and what are the benefits of this option?
Real estate agents tell us that the value of your home can improve by as much as 20% if you improve the outdoor space.
For many homeowners, the thought of having a usable outside area that can be used for car storage, BBQs, relaxing and even working can be a great bonus; and many homeowners are willing to pay a premium for exactly that.
Better still if that outdoor space is maintenance free, clean and perfect to look at – just as a resin driveway and artificial grass would.
But the question is: how do resin driveways and artificial grass complement each other. We need to look at the benefits of each before we can answer that question….
You can choose from all kinds of artificial grass. There are short and very manicured options that can be hard underfoot, or you can choose longer and more lush versions that are very real looking, and feel soft to play and walk on. The colour choices can vary as well, with some grasses looking darker and greener than others
Artificial Grass: 6 Key Considerations
There was a time when artificial grass was seen only on year round football pitches, and in the bottom of meat trays at the butchers. These days, however, it is gaining popularity among property owners, and is being used in gardens across the country.
It is usually made from plastic, and is attached to a plastic mesh backing. This can be cut to the size you need. So what makes it so popular?
● Artificial grass can be laid on almost any surface, but is best on bare earth that has been protected by a weed barrier, and then covered in a layer of sand. This helps the grass to bed down, and allows for drainage.
● This type of grass can be laid as a D.I.Y job, making it easy and cheap compared to many other surfaces.
● You can choose from all kinds of artificial grass. There are short and very manicured options that can be hard underfoot, or you can choose longer and more lush versions that are very real looking, and feel soft to play and walk on. The colour choices can vary as well, with some grasses looking darker and greener than others.
● Artificial grass allows for free drainage of water through the material; water will very rarely pool on the surface.
● Artificial grass is so easy to look after. It never needs to be cut; a simple brush to remove leaves is all that is needed. It can even be vacuumed if necessary. If the grass becomes dirty over time, it can also be jet washed. You may want to lay down a new layer of sand every now and then and brush sand into the top to keep it nicely bedded into the soil. This just involves lifting the grass and replacing it once you have improved the soil beneath.
● Regardless of weather, artificial grass is always clean. Children can play out on the grass when it is raining or snowing and they will always have clean feet. No more traipsing dirt and mud into the house, or ruining your perfect grass with bare mud patches from games.
A resin bound driveway is simply resin combined with aggregate stone that is pressed into your prepared sub base. This creates a strong and hard wearing driveway, that stands the test of time
Resin Bound Driveways: 5 Brilliant Benefits
There are so many options when it comes to your driveway, including: gravel, concrete, asphalt and paving stones. Knowing which to choose can be problematic, as it depends on so many determining factors.
Resin bound driveways have been proven to be a good all round choice simply because they offer all of the benefits and very few of the negatives associated with other choices.
A resin bound driveway is simply resin combined with aggregate stone that is pressed into your prepared sub base. This creates a strong and hard wearing driveway, that stands the test of time.
Here’s 5 other additional benefits that resin bound surfacing will offer your home:
● A resin bound driveway can be laid in any colour that you wish. You can choose the stone that you like the best and use any combination you wish to get the exact colour that matches your home.
● Your driveway is almost completely maintenance free. All you need to do is brush it from time to time and use a jet wash on any stubborn staining. In general though, it does not hold onto stains.
● A resin bound driveway is laid in one continuous layer, with no joins or cracks. This means that it has a consistent look that is attractive and uniform.
● A resin bound driveway is also porous. This means that water will pass straight through, and will ensure you have no water that puddles on your driveway. This could turn to ice, making your driveway dangerous.
● Your driveway will last for up to 30 years or even more. It will remain robust and will not start to crumble or fade. It is very resistant to most types of weather, and won’t fade after prolonged exposure to sun.
The fact is that artificial grass and your resin bound driveway are the perfect match. If you are looking for a front garden that you can install and almost forget, then you have chosen two materials that make that goal incredibly easy to attain!
Resin Driveways And Artificial Grass: A Match Made In Heaven
The main ways in which artificial grass and resin driveways complement each other is in the way they look and behave, and their refreshingly low maintenance requirements.
Artificial grass and resin driveways are both very attractive and stylish options for your front garden. They have a simple, yet striking appearance and will look great when sitting next to each other. The strong and bright green of the grass will be perfect next to the colour choice of your driveway.
You could be bold and choose a black aggregate, or create a striking contrast by choosing red stones. The choice is yours, and knowing that the grass will stay looking pristine means that the look of your front garden will not change.
Both artificial grass and resin driveways are designed to be free draining. This is extremely important in front gardens – especially if they have been paved over.
Water run off is a huge concern for urban areas and materials that are easy care, but also allow water to soak through are important; in fact, they are a legal responsibility. If you have lifted lawn and removed soil, replacing it with resin and artificial grass is the next best thing.
Artificial grass and resin bound driveways need around the same level of maintenance as each other. All it takes to maintain each is a brush to remove dead leaves and debris and a jet wash when required.
Your grass may not last as long as your driveway, depending on how often it is walked on, but it is easy to replace as necessary, and it should last at least ten years. Your driveway will last much longer.
The fact is that artificial grass and your resin bound driveway are the perfect match. If you are looking for a front garden that you can install and almost forget, then you have chosen two materials that make that goal incredibly easy to attain.
Not only will your front garden look perfect, year round; it will also give you time to enjoy it rather than constantly tending to it.
Seeking out a low-maintenance surfacing solution that offers instant, aesthetic appeal? A lovingly landscaping resin driveway offers exactly that. Take the first step to upgrading your outside area for the long-term today, by calling 0800 1700 636, or by simply clicking the button below!